Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pinatas

I'm getting Elisabeth a pinata for her birthday party in a few weeks.  She, of course, wants a princess one.  Most of the "little girl" pinatas are the kind that you don't hit with a stick.  Instead the prissy little girls get to go up to the pinata and pull a little string.  When one lucky little priss pulls the right string, all of the candy falls out.  

This will clearly not work for my athletic little princess, who wants to beat the princess pinata with a bat while blindfolded.

So, I have been looking and looking online for the perfect princess pinata.  I found one the other day while my mom was here.  I showed it to Elisabeth and said, "there, kid - there is a princess pinata that you can beat the snot out of."  Silence.  And then...

"There's snot in that pinata???"

Doesn't it seem a little bit wrong to let kids beat the hell out of a princess pinata?  Oh well, what do I care?  It keeps Elisabeth happy.  At least I'm not letting them shoot her with a gun or something.  

In other news, instead of shelling out $350 to host her party elsewhere, we're shelling out a whole lot more to have our entire basement repainted and gussied up.  Obviously this will provide us with more use than just a kid's birthday party.  As soon as I have the walls padded and soundproofed, it will become a playroom.   They put the first layer of paint up yesterday and boy is it ever yellow.  My neighbor tells me it is perfect, so I'm trying not to freak out.  I'm a beige kind of girl.  I'll post pictures when we're done, which will hopefully be next weekend.  The next project is tiling the counter in the downstairs bar area.  I'm mixed with excitement and dread, as I'm pretty sure a tiling project can go from fun to disaster in the blink of an eye.  

1 comment:

jimenezlee said...

Nothing says you can't beat a pull-string piñata to pieces. Don´t be shy, leave the strings along and use half a broomstick. They take a great deal of punishment, and the parents get to finish them! :) I have pictures to prove the point... he!