Thursday, November 13, 2008

The latest Little People game

I work for a judge. On Fridays I sit with her in court. My job on Fridays is largely just to hand her the files we've spent the entire week preparing - researching, etc. and then process the resulting orders. We typically see 25-35 cases on a Friday morning. We have a deputy who is up there with us too. It is very formal, "All rise. Court is now in session, the Honorable Judge X presiding." I skeddadle in just behind the judge and try not to create a scene as I dodge boxes on the way to my chair. And I sit there trying not to do stupid things. One time my shirt fell down, under my suit, which I'm hoping fills my quota of stupid things for the year.

Elisabeth has come to work twice now, each time we've walked through the entrance that is also the entrance to the jail. As I mentioned before, the idea of jail fascinates her. Why are they in there? Do they get out? What do they do in there? Will they die there?

Well, last time she was there, Elisabeth got to meet my judge. She was apparently quite impressed. Ever since then, she's been holding court in the bathtub with a selection of Little People and other figurines (Dora, Diego, and several Backyardigans). Somehow, the character chosen to play my judge was Angel (the angel from the Little People Nativity Set). A koala bear (named "Panda") plays me. And the deputy is played by Blue of Blue's Clues fame.

Earlier in the week, mean old Judge Angel sentenced Dora, Diego and all of the Backyardigans to long prison sentences. Diego's sentence was the longest, at 5 days. And she kept those felons behind bars until their sentence was up - no early parol on her watch. Diego got out yesterday.

After Diego got out, Elisabeth asked Doug what someone could do that was really bad. Doug replied that hurting someone is really bad; if one person hurt another with a gun, that would be really bad. Well, friends, Pablo the Backyardigan shot Boots the Monkey. Pablo had to stand trial in front of Judge Angel. The Judge began the proceedings with a proper "Bring in the Defendant!" She then questioned the Defendant. "State your full name." And, do you know what Pablo's full name is? Pablo A. Cavatica GHXFTS Backyardigan. After a full and fair trial on the merits, Pablo is in jail for a week (Doug the Defender talked her down from a year).

It was a heavy docket day for Judge Angel. After the Pablo trial, she had to listen to a robbery trial. Diego stole Tyrone the Backyardigan's duck. Dora witnessed the whole thing and had to testify. For some unknown reason, testifying caused Dora to start bleeding. Instead of taking her to the hospital, Elisabeth said she'd just take her to the judge who has magic, healing bandaids. The Judge found Diego guilty of larceny, and he has been sentenced - although no one seems to remember how many days he go. I guess now we all know how and why the court file was invented.

I'll be sure to update you with any breaking news in the Fisher Price, Noggin Character world. I'm beginning to think we might have a gang problem.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Seriously, that girl is way too smart! LOL!

whatsthedeal said...

The force is strong in that one. I sense a future prosecutor. Although I think Judge Angel must be in JDR. If Pablo wasn't a minor, he'd have gotten life plus twenty. Easy.

Sometimes listening to testimony makes my ears bleed. Is that similar to what Dora experienced?

rtsbeacon said...

our little people are currently drinking coffee (after sleeping)... put our 3 girls together and maybe they can solve the economic crisis through little people.