Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mommy, what can Jesus do?

This is the question I was asked at dinner tonight. I replied, "what do you mean, what can Jesus do?" here's how the conversation went down:

E: I mean what can he DO?
Me: well... he can walk on water.
E: what else?
Doug: he can turn bread into fish.
Me: um, not really.
Doug: Mommy can tell you.
Me: he can turn one loaf of bread into thousands of loaves of bread, and one fish into thousands of fish.
E: no he can't. BUT - he can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Apparently they've been playing a lot of "Superhero" at preschool. It is the favorite game amongst her friends in her class. They each get superpowers, and apparently Jesus' superpower is that he can fly. So that He can watch over everyone.

And now, I am off to watch my tivo'd Top Chef while eating cheesy poofs. Tom Colicchio would be so proud.

No comments: