Friday, February 6, 2009

How will I wash Charlotte's hair?

If Obama has outlawed waterboarding because it is a form of torture, I'm unsure as to how I will wash Charlotte's hair from now on.

Charlotte is a self starter - if she wants something done, well she'll do it herself.  This is in stark contrast to Little Miss Can You Please Wipe Me?"  Or shall we call her Little Miss Still Won't Dress Herself.  Or, perhaps, Little Miss Refuses to Use Cutlery?  Charlotte has a humidifier in her room, a big one with two tanks that are each as tall as Charlotte.  The other night it was empty and she took it upon herself to go get a tank and haul it to the bathtub.   This morning, Doug looked up and there she was again walking by with a big water tank on the way to the tub.  I love her interest in how things work - I think she's our little engineer.

Tomorrow, we are having 13 4-yr olds over for Elisabeth's party.  Heaven help us all.  The basement is clean and mostly child proofed.  We have a pinata.  We have a sort of plan for entertainment.  My friend at work offered me some Xanax to make it through.  I declined, but I'm thinking I should have taken her up on it.  More on the flip side - provided I make it.

No comments: