Sunday, February 15, 2009

Super hero capes

For Elisabeth's birthday, I made her (and Charlotte) super hero capes. Elisabeth's is blue and yellow - of course - as is everything in the world that she has any control over. Charlotte's is purple and yellow. After making these simple capes, and using over 4 hours of my precious time in sewing (not including the hour in the worst JoAnns Fabric ever), I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be on Project Runway. I will never be able to sew either of the girls a prom dress. These capes have some ugly stitches, but they are well loved.
Here's Charlotte the Super Hero:







Here's Elisabeth the Super Hero:




And here is the view of the capes from the back:



And finally, for those of you with kids who like to watch other kids endlessly - here is a little video of girls running laps around our kitchen island wearing super hero capes. Please forgive the clutter. I'd say it is not ordinary for our house, but - well - I'd be lying.



3 comments:

whatsthedeal said...

You need to have three more kids so you can make the E=MC2 equation with the capes. :) Love them -- they look fantastic.

Erica said...

I tell you what - YOU have 3 kids and I'll make them capes with whatever you want on them.

Anonymous said...

so cute!