Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pinkalicious

For those of you who don't know - Pinkalicious is the in the running for the dumbest kids book on earth. But for some reason, Charlotte (and many, many other kids apparently) LOVES it. So we read it more than we might otherwise want to.

The entire premise of the book is this bratty little girl and her mother make pink cupcakes, and the brat eats so many pink cupcakes that she herself turns pink. They take her to the doctor who tells her that to turn back to her normal color, she has to eat nothing but green foods, which of course are "YUCK."

Pinkalicious' mom puts the rest of the cupcakes on top of the fridge. Pinkalicious is not to be swayed, so she stacks chairs and books and tvs precariously on top of the kitchen counter and climbs up to reach the rest of the cupcakes.

This morning, as I read this book to Charlotte and we got to the part where Pinkalicious is sneaking in and climbing up this ridiculous stack of stuff to sneak another cupcake, Charlotte says, "me neber do that, Mommy. Neber eber eber." So I said "oh good, Charlotte, you should never do that." To which she replied, "Me wash mine hands first Mommy."

Yep, so very Charlotte. I didn't believe her for a second when she said she'd never do something so sneaky.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Have you read purplilicious? Talk about pointless. I agree, I'm not impressed with this series and much prefer Fancy Nancy (though even that series is feeling more and more contrived). I saw at PB Kids the other day, there is now a Goldilicious...I'm sure one of the aunts got it for the girls for Christmas, so I'll let you know how that one goes...

Amy said...

Have you read the "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?" series? I'm preferring this one to the other girly books right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness was that funny!