Monday, August 4, 2008

the newest addition to our crew

Well, you know we have four humans in the house: Elisabeth, Charlotte, Doug and me. Three pets: Maggie (dog), Willy and Silly (cats). What you don't know is that in addition to the mice in the basement, we have three imaginary people living with us. We've come to know Elspeth, Maura, and now Lula Lou. Elspeth and Maura are good kids. They have wild adventures with Elisabeth during the bedtime stories that Doug tells to Elisabeth. They sleep in her bed, they play with her toys, sometimes I even have to buckle them into the car.

But this weekend, Lula Lou joined us. She's a bad apple, that Lula Lou. She lies, cheats and steals. She's always misbehaving, yet Elisabeth loves her. Elisabeth has asked me a few times today if Lula Lou can live with us. She'll live in Elisabeth's room. I don't get quite why she wants her to live with us, since she gets so upset by bad behavior. But she is certainly fascinated with Lula Lou. I suppose it is because Lula Lou does things that Elisabeth would get in trouble for.

The funniest thing, to me at least, is that I cannot discipline Lula Lou. That is solely the province of Elisabeth. I told Lula Lou that I was going ot have to stop reading the story if she kept interrupting, but I got yelled at by Elisabeth because it is Elisabeth's job to quiet her.

The second funniest thing is that Maura, Elspeth and Lula Lou are apparently about the size of mice - when she wants me to say something to them or do something for them, she holds her little hand out like they're in the palm of her hand.

And in Charlotte news - the little bugger bites. She's bit me twice today, once when I dared change her diaper and then when I got her ready for her nap. If she weren't so stinking cute...

Her birthday is this Friday. I can't believe a year has gone by! I plan to do a birthday post for her, and then another post where I can compare the two kids (parenting no no #1), maybe even with videos!

No comments: