Monday, August 11, 2008

Overheard...

Elisabeth is uncharacteristically playing by herself with one of Charlotte's birthday presents: the Little People Birthday Set. Here's what I just heard:

"Michael, you can sit wherever you want. No, no, I said wherever. Not whatever. I didn't say ugh... whatever. I said wherever. That's nice. I didn't say (puts on gruff voice) ugh...... whatever!"

And you people thought ugh... forever had gone by the wayside. Not so much!

I love love love it when she plays with the Little People (which is once in a blue moon). Hearing her have conversations with them is priceless. Apparently it is all of the little people's birthdays today, all except for one, who is the visitor. And she has a cupcake. You can hear what she must hear us saying day in and day out. An example:

"Maggie (not dog Maggie, little person Maggie) you have to sleep. It will be hard for you to sleep though because you had two glasses of lemonade. But if you don't go to sleep, no cake for you."

Sometimes I feel like a mean mommy when I hear her doing things like that, but then she'll make me feel better by saying something like: "here's a special treat for you because you're such a good good girl," which I KNOW she hears from me. So her life can't be all commands all the time.

No comments: