Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the blushing bride...

Tonight, during our playtime before bath, I was left to fend of the beasts all on my own as Doug went out to play soccer. For some reason, the girls decided to take it easy on me and were satisfied with playing with my shoes. Charlotte has become fascinated by shoes in the past week or so - she particularly enjoys wearing any shoes that are mine. So I got out a few pairs of shoes and she enjoyed putting them on and attempting to walk. This left my hands free to deal with Elisabeth, who was wearing some of my highest heels. Here is what she said:

E: It is my wedding night, Mommy! Get up and dance with me!
Me: Your wedding? That's so nice, what are you wearing?
E: My wedding dress. Its soooo beautiful.
Me: What color is it?
E (looking at me like I am a moron because she is clearly wearing a blue shirt): uh, blue?
Me: Oh, a blue wedding dress. How gorgeous.
E: Yes, I know. It is my wedding, I am the bride. I am beautiful. Let's dance!
Me: Ok ok.
E: Ok, now that the wedding is over, I need to go to the hospital and get my baby out.
Me: right after your wedding? Like right now?
E: Yes! Right now! Time for the new baby to come!
Me: That explains the blue dress.

1 comment: