Thursday, April 16, 2009

Certified Insane - April 12, 2009



Before one of you even thinks about uttering the words "how cute" - you should know that behind the yellow fuzzy adorable face is a chewing, pooping, peeing, biting machine.  She will eat anything and everything - if you put her in an empty room I am certain she will just eat the floor.  She is a prolific and frequent pooper, but only between the hours of 11pm and 5am.    Elisabeth has to stay up on chairs, sofas, bar stools, etc at all times because the GinnyGator nips at her.  Heck, the dog is sitting here right now chewing on her own leg.  Oh drat - now we're on to the sofa. 

OK back from scolding the dog only to have my hands chewed off.  Well at least one finger.  Let it be known that in the 20 minutes (!!) it has taken me to write like 4 complete sentences, I've taken the beast out 4 times.  My patience is gone.  Puppies are like newborns wrapped up with the terrible twos all at once.  She is damn lucky she's cute.

She already ate my laptop power cord, it made a terrible crackling sound when she bit through it.  She didn't seem to notice, but now - even though my computer gets power, it whines that it isn't a "Dell Power Adaptor" and refuses to actually charge the battery.  She has also chewed directly on my laptop - and them's fightin' words.  If I had to choose between my laptop and my children, well.... let's not go there - it is like Sophie's Choice (kidding, kidding - no one needs to call the authorities).  

So April 12, Hurricane Ginny blew into our lives.  She is forecasted to gain strength before fully destroying the house.  Then hopefully six years from now we'll be saying "remember when Ginny ate your laptop cable?  Such a nice dog, so sad she had to electrocute herself."  Or, alternatively, "Such a nice dog, so calm and sweet and never chews on anything..." 

2 comments:

Claire said...

This is why we don't have a dog! LOL! She is cute though - I hope she learns some better puppy manners soon :).

Anonymous said...

What a precious puppy! And, yes, my chocolate pooh-bear of a dog was a chewing, pooing, peeing mess for a while too. They do grow out of it and become WONDERFUL.

Congrats on the newest member of your family.