Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Tidbits

Little things that don't merit their own post:

Garden = planted.  Green beans, peas, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, shallots, cucumbers, watermelon and cantelope.  I'll be planting some strawberries and raspberries in the upcoming weeks, but they're not in the garden - so garden = planted.  Whew.

* * * * * * * * * *

Elisabeth drew me a picture of my favorite desserts for mother's day.  They (apparently) consist of brownies, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate germ cake.

* * * * * * * * * * 

On Fridays at the courthouse, if you have a 9am docket, you have to bring breakfast.  So I went to McDonalds to get breakfast sandwiches, and instead of going through the drivethru where I always have to wait for my 10+ sandwiches, I went inside.  I ordered 7 sausage biscuits, 4 egg and cheese biscuits, and 4 orders of hash browns.  The woman looked at me, standing there all by myself, and in all sincerity said "for here?"

* * * * * * * * * * 

Charlotte is attempting to potty train herself.  I'm of the mind that I'm not even attempting with this one until she's old enough to put on her own pull up - and maybe until she's old enough to drive herself to the store to buy her own pull ups.  But Charlotte is a pretty stubborn kid and if she tells you she wants to poop - you better help her or else she's going to get onto the potty all by herself, dropping who knows what into the toilet in the course of getting up there (including but not limited to socks, onesies, feet).    And then, once she's up there, she demands a show.  I have to sing "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do..." time after time after time.  All the while patting on her lap rhythmically.  It is quite a job I have.  95% of the time nothing comes out despite her very best efforts.  Just thought you'd all like an update on Charlotte's bathrooming habits...

* * * * * * * * * * *





No comments: