Sunday, June 8, 2008

hodgepodge

Elisabeth's breakfast today? Dry cereal with cinnamon served with a barbeque dipping sauce. And before you think this is a one of a time thing - it isn't. We just gave up arguing with her and decided that at least it has the word "cereal" in it.

After breakfast, Doug asked her if she'd like to go for a walk. "No, Daddy. I need my exercise but I'll get it jumping on my trampoline later." (have I mentioned we have a jogging trampoline in the living room that is also used as a performance stage and a place to do tricks? the handlebar makes an excellent place to do pullovers...) Its like she's an adult trying to get out of going on the elliptical machine (something I should probably have a PhD in).

Yesterday, Elisabeth told Doug that we had to go to the basement last week during scary storms to "hide from potatoes." Which I suppose is true, we had to hide from potatoes, televisions, books and everything else in the house that might get propelled at our heads at 200 mph.

Also, it appears that 2 years of regular Dora and Diego watching is my limit. Let's just say that the DVR might start having selective memory. "I don't know, Elisabeth. It must be broken. All of the Doras and Diegos got erased and no new ones recorded! But we have Between the Lions!" (That show is hilarious and I secretly want to watch them by myself...)

Just so you are all thoroghly jealous of what today holds here in our house... (and to keep you from ever wanting to visit) - today we're going to scrub the freezer where the popsicles melted all over it during the power outage, thereby inviting ants from as far away as Nebraska to come for a sugary treat. But first, I will watch the French Open finals. Go Nadal!

No comments: