Monday, June 30, 2008

the return of the mouse

it turns out that if you don't let your cat actually kill the mouse, and instead let the mouse run free outside, it comes back. To the exact same spot. On the mantle.

I don't know what happened to the mouse. Its possible we have a dead mouse somewhere in our house. My neighbor, who watches our animals when we're away, said she saw the cats staring at the mouse on the mantle and she quietly slipped away.

I read too much Stuart Little.

In other news, this past weekend Elisabeth (1) asked me when the rest of my eggs in my belly were going to hatch, (2) ratted out my father by saying "Granddaddy doesn't like to stop when he's supposed to" (while we were stopping at a red light), and (3) showed her separation anxiety when she actually counted the minutes until it was time for us to leave to go to a wedding, leaving her with her Nana and PopPop. She kept saying, "its time to go now, bye, have fun, see you later, Nana and PopPop and Jen are in charge now, you need to go, sayonara." (OK, she didn't say sayonara.)

No comments: