Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Grand Treehouse Plans

On the way to school today, Elisabeth said, "Mommy, can I have some tools for Christmas?"  I said sure (thinking she meant a kid set).  Then she proceeded to tell me some of her additional plans.

E:  I'm going to use the saw to cut the wood.  
Me:  Oh, you're going to build this treehouse yourself?
E:  Yep.
Me:  Do you know how to build a treehouse?
E:  Yep.  I saw it on George (Curious George). 
E:  But mine is going to be a castle.  A castle treehouse. 
Me:  But aren't you going to miss me?  I'm going to miss you when you live up therer.
E:  Nope.
Me:  Really?
E:  Nope.  I'll have Maura and Elspeth with me.  (Her imaginary friends).  And I'll have my movies.
Me:  Well, I'll really miss you.
E:  Well, Mommy, you can come live in my treehouse too.
Me:  Really??
E:  Yes.  But.....  You'll have to dress fancier.  In my house, everything is pretty.  And everyone dresses fancy.  So if you want to live there, you have to dress fancy.
Me:  What, exactly, does dressing fancy mean?
E:  You have to wear a dress every day.  A pretty dress.
Me:  But you don't wear dresses!
E:  In my house I will.

So, she's building her own house yet we're still expected to bring her food.  Via a pulley system she's devised.  She told Doug today that we need to holler out the window when it is quiet time, lunch time, and dinner time (so that she knows and doesn't miss them).    I'm allowed to live in her treehouse, but I really need to step up my game.  No more of this slumming around.  High heels and tiaras all around.  No thanks, I'll keep my bluejeans and la-z-boy recliner...

Yesterday she was acting up so much that I suggested the timeframe for the treehouse was a little farther out than worked for me, and that maybe she'd like to pretend her bedroom was a treehouse.  She didn't buy that idea.  My mom suggested putting her to bed on the porch one night and seeing how long she lasted...

Also on the way to preschool today, I saw an SUV that was marked as something like "Jenny's Clutter Busting."  I wondered if she had some sort of GPS/divining rod system for finding cluttered houses.  I expect she'll be arriving at our house sometime tomorrow.

No comments: