Wednesday, September 24, 2008

failing miserably!!

I am failing miserably at posting here 3x/week. And no one is calling me on it. Tsk tsk. In my defense, my days lately go like this: wake up at 6:45, get dressed and leave for work sometime between 8 and 8:30 (depending on if I drop Elisabeth off at preschool). Work until 5ish and then come home, have dinner, do bed and bath with girls and then work until 10ish. (9ish tonight). So really, are you people interested in that? I'm certainly not interested in remembering this.

So as an update, the Halloween costume is not complete but good progress has been made. I got this brown "poodle fur" type of fabric and made a jumper thing with long sleeves and legs - so she mostly looks like a gorilla when she wears it now. I figure a tail and a mask with wolf-ish ears will help convert us from gorilla-esque to wolf-esque. I need to get some little piggies for her to carry around with her, to give some guidance to others as to what she is. Or perhaps a better plan is to sew a sign to her back that says "I'm the big bad wolf and don't mention this sign to the wearer of this costume."

There were no significant injuries during the making of the costume. The costume, however, is not finished. I did poke my finger with a needle, but I survived. And, blame my mother. She stuck the needle in a dangerous place. If I had done that, I would have been putting all children within a 4 mile radius in imminent danger, but if she does it all I get is an "oh, sorry."

Elisabeth has confused buttercups with suction cups. Insects have buttercups on their legs to help them climb walls. So sweet. Elisabeth has also been sick all week.

Charlotte has been in a fabulous mood the past few days. Clearly she is coming down with whatever Elisabeth has. Good mood and Charlotte are not synonymous as of late. Luckily she's hilariously funny in her grumpiness. Poor second children get laughed at when they pitch fits over ridiculous things.

In an important milestone, Charlotte can make monkey noises when you ask her what a monkey says. Tonight I taught her cat and dog noises which are potentially more useful for her.

I think I've run out of even semi-interesting things to say.

1 comment:

jimenezlee said...

Haha, its funny that you are wondering why people are not calling you on not posting that often! I'll complain when I'm done putting up my own blog... :) You do a lot better than many of us, that's why!

Keep writing though! Your daughters are the cutest and love their stories.