Sunday, September 28, 2008

chree.

Elisabeth and I had a little argument on the way home from lunch today. We were playing the spelling game. She spells a word, then I spell a word. It is speller's choice as to the word. I chose tree. Here's how it went.

Me: T-R-E-E- tree!!!
E: no.
Me: yes!
E: no.
E: Ch, ch, ch, chree. Mommy, its c-h-"ree"
Me: no, its t-r-e-e. Tr just sounds like ch sometimes. Train, tragedy, trying.
E: Its ch, Mommy. Chree. Not t. There is no t.
Me: ok, we're home now. Go in and ask your daddy how you spell tree.
E: ok. but you're wrong.
Me: you just ask.
E (running inside): Daddy, how do you spell tree?
Doug: c-h-r-e-e
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how we expect our children to turn out ok. Somehow Elisabeth manages to tell when we're joking around with her.

Another funny story from this week... We always play upstairs before bath/bed time. The games are usually physical in nature: volleyball, tackle, soccer, crazy dog, etc. Wednesday night, the game was not as Elisabeth wanted and so she was up on the bed being naughty. She stood up on the foot of the bed, directly over my head (I was sitting on the ground). She is not allowed to stand up on the bed. And, of course, she fell off. Onto my head. And I yelled at her, maybe more than it merited, but I really don't need any ER trips with preschoolers.

She started to cry pretty hard, but she wasn't hurt. So I asked if falling scared her, if that is why she was crying so much. Through her boo hoos, she said "no, mommy, you scared me." And Doug couldn't control his snickers.

and, my running list of exciting happenings at the courthouse since I've been working there: vomiting in open court (not me, some party), childbirth on the 2nd floor, and crazy man wandering the halls of our floor, throwing things, breaking bathroom doors, pounding on walls, and entering private offices (he got taken down by the deputies).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm harassing you, I'm harassing you! ;)

I haven't been very good at reading blogs lately, but popped in to catch up a bit. Maybe we can keep each other on track. ;)

Loved the stroller/cop story by the way.

Anonymous said...

more stories please!!
i like reading them instead of doing my chem homework and they often are the highlight of my day :D