Monday, May 26, 2008

illness, part 43

Seriously - thus has to end sometime right???? Now Charlotte and I are down. Each of us has fevers and feels generally rotten. I can't remember the last time I had a 102 fever. It was long, long ago for sure. New policy at my house. I've rigged up a Lysol shower which all entrants must use before entry. Kind of like how they make you shower before you get in the pool - you have to Lysol before coming into my house.

It is a beautiful spring day here and Elisabeth and Doug have gone off to Viva Vienna, which is a festival in town with perhaps the dumbest name ever. But it has rides, and Elisabeth's little friend Sam is going, so I'm sure they're having fun. And probably funnel cakes. Without me.

Charlotte figured out how to get off of the minitrampoline. Just grit your teeth and roll off head first onto the carpet. Luckily she thinks it is funny. Oh and speaking of teeth, she's up to three officially poked through and 2 in the works. Her second top front tooth ought to be poked out in the next few days. She also thinks it is funny when I cough, which is great because I can entertain her AND feel like a truck hit me.

As part of my never ending quest to seek out the silver lining, one good thing about being up in the middle of the night is that you can find out where the mice in your house are by observing the position and intensity of the stare of your cats. Turns out we must have mice behind our TV, which I found out by seeing Willy intently staring in that direction and looking over at me every few seconds with a look of "get OUT of here, will you? How is a cat supposed to catch a mouse with you in here?" on his face. I know, I'm not icanhascheezburger.com. I don't get lolcats, anyone care to clue me in on the humor? The only ones I find funny are the ones that are captions where the cat isn't supposed to be speaking. And, I think I have a pretty good sense of humor.

Doug made lemonade this morning. He was, apparently, looking quite concerned as he poured the sugary mixture into the measuring cup. Elisabeth said, "its ok, daddy. It will be ok. Don't worry." I'm glad we have our 3 yr old to make us feel better. She's very concerned about how I feel, which is really sweet. Now if I could only get her to stay still while I Lysol her down...

No comments: