Friday, May 2, 2008

sickness

what is the #1 way to assure yourself a good night's sleep?

take your baby to the pediatrician - after hours appointmen even - and wait for 1.5 hours because you're concerned she has an ear infection as that is the only rational explanation for all of the screaming at night.

She did have fluid in her right ear, but it isn't yet infected. I'm pretty sure the trade was good - 1.5 hrs during my normal awake time sitting in a doc's office vs. 3.5 hours of hearing Charlotte scream in the middle of the night.

All of this illness that has had its grip on our house is here because I stupidly said "we've been relatively healthy lately." Brilliant.

And now I'm off to my own doctor for my own illness. Universe, I take it back. We have been sick recently. Three weeks in a row now. Find someone else who is dumb enough to muse about their good health!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Feel better!!!!