Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Benevolent Princess

Charlotte got ahold of the Cinderella wand this morning. The very fancy wand, with songs and flashing lights. The one that Elisabeth carried around like a true princess, waving it just like the Fairy Godmother. As an aside, why do they give out wands with the Cinderella dresses? Cinderella did not carry a wand - the fairy godmother did. Stupid Disney thinking they can pull the wool over my eyes... shut up - stop laughing, the wand is NOT proof that they have done that. It was a gift I tell you!!!

Anyway, Charlotte thought the wand was terribly nifty. Hey look, mom, it flashes!! Oooooh, listen to the pretty song. Oh, Mommy, it is such a great toy! Look how it...... bashes people in the head. My darling little princess needs to learn to use her wand for good, and not evil.

In other news, I bought Elisabeth Madagascar 2 yesterday mostly so that we, her parents, can get a bit of variety in our quiet time programming. As of yesterday, she watched Madagascar 10 times in 14 days. The off days were days when quiet time was too short for a movie or skipped all together. She likes to move it, move it - that's for sure. Interestingly, my goal oriented little girl had set this 10 times in a row goal for herself the day after she watched Madagascar for the first time. So, flighty as she may be when it comes to her parents telling her to get dressed, put shoes, on, etc - she can stick to any plan that she comes up with herself... I have no idea where she got that.

Finally, I will leave you with two of the funniest things I've heard come out of attorney's mouths lately. First, in court the other day an attorney said, in a very dramatic and impassioned tone of voice, "Your Honor, there is not one chinchilla of evidence against my client." (this caused me to dive behind my computer pretending to look at files so as to avoid laughing out loud.)

Second, I had done something unexpected for an attorney - like return her call, or something similarly mundane - and she said to me, "sweetheart, I want you to call your mother right now and tell her that a completly disinterested party wants her to know that she raised a very good little girl." Golly gee willikers, did I go to law school for that?


1 comment:

rtsbeacon said...

i love the picture!