Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Diego's Brush with Death

What does it say about me that I can't figure out how to get the damn bottle on this "Diego's Great Rescue" game on NickJr.com? Elisabeth is really mad at me that I can't figure it out. Diego keeps saying, "I can see the bottle, now if I could only get to it with my ladder. Maybe if we flip a switch." Every 15 seconds. Diego is lucky I haven't thrown him off the roof. I can SEE what needs to be done, but cannot for the life of me figure out the sequence of events and key clicks to get there. And then I suggest that maybe we play a different game. Elisabeth says, "yes, and then when Daddy gets home he can show me how to play it."

Yes, kid, get Daddy to show you how to do it, and leave me out of it. A degree from MIT, years of coursework towards a masters in computer science, and a law degree have left me unable to conquer a NickJr game (it is possible that the law degree works against me here, judging from the computer literacy of my classmates and coworkers...).

I don't think I mentioned here that Charlotte is taking one step now. Just one, though, then she sits down and crawls. She is delightful and doesn't cast aspersions on her mommy for not being able to make Diego climb a damn ladder and get Baby Jaguar flip a switch. All she does is look at the cat and say CAT and squeal with joy. They should stay this young.

1 comment:

whatsthedeal said...

You are making me want to play the Diego game and figure this out. Must ... have ... link to Nick Jr.... :) (20 bucks says I can't make it past the first level...)