Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Doug is a great translator

Elisabeth has a cold. Last night at dinner, she really didn't feel good. She climbed into my lap and asked me to sing her "Jesus songs." Despite my growing up at church every time the doors were open, only a few Jesus songs sprung to mind. I sang Jesus Loves the Little Children and Jesus Loves Me. Then she sat up and said, "oh, I know a Jesus song!! I know!" (I wish you could see her little finger pointing straight up (like making a #1 sign). "That song about Jesus.... where he couldn't stay in the hospital? Yeah Jesus can't stay in the hospital."

I was stumped.

Finally, Doug said, "Away in a manger?" And she said, "YES! That's it! Jesus couldn't stay in the hospital so had to be born in a manger."

I am quite thankful he was there because otherwise, Elisabeth and I would still be at the dinner table arguing over which song it was.

1 comment:

Claire said...

That is just precious!