Friday, January 25, 2008

Costco, my Costco

Words cannot adequately express my love for Costco. They feed Elisabeth and me lunch for free about once a week. They sell everything you could ever need there, for cheap. It is a place that Elisabeth actually gets excited to go (as measured by the speed in which she gets herself dressed - Other kids' houses >>>> Costco > Safeway >> Post office). We wander around and entertain ourselves by looking at stuff, people watching, and of course, eating at the food stations. The kid can spot free food from a warehouse-length away. Today we came home with a huge haul. We might not get to go back for two weeks, and this makes me sad.
Look what I found when I went to check my transcript today (post Costco trip)!




It is just good to have confirmation of this fact, as I sit here and plow through days on end of bar study. It is like one never ending stream of stuff that I will never remember as of February 28. Hopefully I will not be re-learning it in June. Elisabeth is very excited for when I take the bar. She gets to watch movies in the minivan on the way to Norfolk. This is just about the highlight of her life. Then when we get to Norfolk, she want to take the bar exam with me, so she can "do tricks on it, like at gym class." (insert your own obligatory joke on how she's probably more likely to pass it than many of the other candidates, myself included)

Elisabeth is constantly harassing Doug to tell her stories. He makes up elaborate stories about a little girl named Elspeth, who has a baby brother named Charlie. Oh, that Elspeth. She gets into all sorts of trouble. As any of you with children know, they can drive you out of your mind crazy. She must ask him to tell her a story 20 times a day. Yesterday, he said he didn't have any more stories. She replied: "Yes you do, there's one right there in your throat..."

1 comment:

whatsthedeal said...

Ooh lookie! Congrats, Ms. Juris Doctor!