Saturday, March 8, 2008

Brafs.

Apologies in advance if there are any men out there reading this that are uncomfortable with the subject matter.

There are so few words that Elisabeth mispronounces anymore that when we find one, we're hesitant to correct her. We miss the days of reading the book Uppen Ducklin, and eating Wowos instead of Cheerios, and singing Ladybug Nicnic. For some reason, she just cannot remember the word "bra." They are "brafs." Not only are they brafs, they are among her favorite toys. She likes to wear one of mine (and demand that others in her presence wear one as well - including her daddy). Since I'm breastfeeding Charlotte, let's just say that my brafs are from the Anna Nicole Smith estate. So seeing Elisabeth wearing them is really quite entertaining.

Yesterday, she had on three brafs, one on top of the other in layered format - dress in layers, you never know what the weather will do. She comes strutting, literally strutting, down the stairs as though it is a catwalk and said, "Mooooommmmyy -- I have millllllk!"

Yesterday we had my good friend Melissa's little girl, Sam over to play. Elisabeth and Sam are 5 months apart, and they typically play together really well. Both are very sweet litte strong willed girls. They fought over every toy, cracker, and piece of dust in the house yesterday. Elisabeth figured out a coping mechanism pretty quickly though. Say Sam had a toy that Elisabeth wanted. Elisabeth would say (in a suspiciously sweet voice), "Oh! I am going to get on the trampoline." To which Sam would say "no my turn!" And Elisabeth would say, "OK, your turn Sam," and grab the toy that Sam had dropped to get on the trampoline. Anyone feel sorry for poor Charlotte yet?

Charlotte, by the way, is so close to crawling. She's up on hands and knees, rocking, and moving one arm and sometimes one leg. I can't wait for her to crawl - even though it will be more work for me, I think crawling babies are irresistably cute.

I took what is hopefully my LAST exam this morning - the professional ethics exam. I am not sure that learning those rules made me any more or less ethical. I'm also not sure that I passed, so fingers crossed. I feel more confident about my bar exam than this one, but I also studied for the bar exam.

So now I turn my attention to our gardens that we are crafting, some knitting, maybe making some knockoff Lush bath bombs, actually cooking dinner for my family, painting bedrooms, and generally making our house look lived in - everything they tell you not to do on the HGTV home shows. Millions of family pictures, here I come.

3 comments:

whatsthedeal said...

Yay for family pictures and please share your lush bath bomb recipe because that sounds amazing. PS - my mother in law has now made your BBQ pork roast recipe with great success. Your fame has now spread to Rochester, Minnesota. :)

Pamela said...

that's cute about the brafs!!

akhoosier said...

Don't worry about the ethics test. I FAILED miserably the first time I took it but aced it the second time! I didn't put any time in when I first took it!