Tuesday, March 11, 2008

puppet shows

The big winner from yesterday's thrilling contest is Becky! Indeed, the dessert in question was a popsicle - minute maid pushup pops. After she got through the crunchy icy part, she got to the juicy melted part.

Elisabeth has been giving us all puppet shows. Alex gave her 10 finger puppets. She seems to have "puppet shows" and "parades" confused. She puts them on her fingers and marches around the kitchen island expecting us to say "oh no! the puppet show is over!" when she's out of sight only to surprise us when she comes around the other side of the island.

Well, a few minutes ago, I was sitting here typing on the computer and there was a puppet show going on. I wasn't paying attention, I admit it. Then I started listening to the words of the puppet show musical score. It went like this: "its puppet show tiiiiiiiime, it isn't tiiiiiiiiime to look at your computer, its tiiiiiiiiime to watch me, not computer tiiiiiiiiiime, tiiiiiiiiime to watch the puppet show." She sang this over and over again as she happily marched around the room. So I watched. The song then changed to: "Its puppet show tiiiiiiime, I have all the puppets on my fiiiiiiiiingers. Nooooooo puppets falling off...." Dead silence as she contemplates the 6 finger puppets on the floor, having just fallen off after she proudly sang about them staying on.

Yesterday, Doug got home before we did - we were out grocery shopping. I asked him if he got the mail. He said he did, but he had thrown it all away, "because it was all garbage." Elisabeth, very upset at the fact that we didn't have any mail, said "they put trash in our mailbox instead of mail?" So Doug had to dig out the advertisements and show her what he meant. They're so literal.

No comments: