Monday, March 24, 2008

In my never ending quest to get that mother of the year plaque, we decided to move Charlotte from the comfort of her amby baby hammock to the crib last night. This caused 4 hrs of crying - not consecutively but cumulatively. As a result, everyone's eyes have baggage. But today she seems to realize that the crib is a place for sleeping and hasn't put up much of a fuss for either nap times or for bed time.

In other Charlotte news, I finally witnessed her roll from back to front - which up until now she had only been doing in private.

Elisabeth wore out 5 adults this past weekend and kept on ticking. She loved Easter and all the traditions that came with it. She dyed eggs - two to be exact. Half blue, half yellow, with a stripe of green in the middle (help from her parents was required for this). Then she colored on them with markers. She wasn't interested in trying other colors, for her "favorite favorite" colors are yellow and blue. With each couch cushion she moved while looking for eggs she said, "oh, I hope there's one here, I hope so!" I just love her enthusiasm for everything she does.

Today when she went upstairs with Doug to play before bath time, she told him they were going to play Easter. Her version of an Easter egg hunt goes like this: you hide the blue egg, she hides the yellow egg. Then you look for the blue egg and she looks for the yellow egg. You read that right. It is great fun - for her.

Elisabeth got 101 Dalmations from the Easter Bunny. Cruella De Ville smokes. I took this as an opportunity to tell Elisabeth about the horrors of smoking, how no one should smoke. Each time I tell her about this (3 times now), she is adamant that "it's ok - we can smoke outside. That's ok." She refuses to believe that smoking is never ok. Luckily she's 3, and it is unlikely that Griffin in her preschool class is going to be pressuring her to light up.

I'm relieved that spring break is over and we can get back to our regular schedule. It turns out I like the kids' schedules more than they do.

I'm too tired for any more stories. Oh no, you need one more. About vitamins. Somehow, Elisabeth has decided that if she forgets to take her vitamin - she gets sick to her stomach. She got the stomach flu the night we came home from the bar exam. A few days later, she explained that she hadn't received her vitamin that day, and that's why she got sick. Well, today, she has a little stomach something going on (details are more than you really need to know, suffice it to say that it is not a good sign when she sheepishly comes over to you and says "can I put on a diaper please?"). As I cleaned her up, she said, "oh, mommy! I forgot to have my vitamin today! That's why I'm sick..." So take your vitamins.

1 comment:

whatsthedeal said...

Should I not have given her that pack of Virginia Slims? My bad...