Tuesday, March 4, 2008

an emerging favorite saying and new favorite songs.

I don't know who teaches her this stuff, but this is how a conversation in the car went today. This is the third time she's said something like this to me.

E: I'm soooooo sleepy.
Me: Great, as soon as we get home we'll all take naps!!
E (in a teasing voice): We haven't eaten lunch yet, Mommy. We have to eat lunch before we have quiet time, you crazy woman.

I found way number 582 to irritate Elisabeth today. Sing "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms" to her in the car. Loudly. She started asking why nobody likes me, and why everybody hates me, so I had to change the words a bit. But what really got her was the notion of eating the worms, slurping the guts out especially. "Pleeeeeeeeease stop singing Mommy! We doooooooooooooon't eat worms!!!"

Her new favorite non-children's music song is "Redneck Girl" by the Bellamy Brothers. That is funny enough in and of itself without commentary, but hearing her sing "Gimme a, gimme a, gimme a redneck girl..." is worthy of a video sometime soon.

1 comment:

jcc said...

I'm with Elisabeth. You are a crazy woman.