Tuesday, April 22, 2008

also...

I might have crossed the line and entered into "crazy bird feeding lady" territory. I now have: two squirrel proof feeders with sunflower chips in them, two hummingbird feeders (no hummingbirds yet this year :( ), a goldfinch feeder, and the latest addition - two suet feeders. One is a traditional cage that will be taken by the squirrels in approximately one hour, I'm sure. The second is called a "suet sandwich" feeder, and with it I intend to attract the pileated woodpeckers that we see in the back yard from time to time. I also have various little feeders hanging in trees, but they don't scream crazy bird feeding lady quite like the others.

Most of the feeders are in the backyard so as not to ruffle the feathers of the very lax homeowners association (that the previous owners swore up and down didn't have rules, but does in fact have rules so there goes our hope of pig farming).

3 comments:

SL said...

Hooray for bird-feeders! And you won't be crazy bird feeding lady until you start counting them, at which point you'll be crazy bird counting lady as well.

Erica said...

I would not be in your good favor, Sarah, with the horrible things I have said to the squirrels that have invaded my feeders (until now - I am squirrel proofed, except for the new suet feeders which will inevitably attract the squirrels).

Also - honeycomb still goes. Slow but steady progress. I'm really enjoying knitting it, and envisioning wearing it to work!!!

SL said...

They are wily little critters. My dad has been experimenting for years with ways to keep them off the feeders. He finally gave in on the staked bird feeders - they are squirrel feeders now.

I'm going to look psychic putting this as a comment to the post from the day before, but congratulations on passing the bar!