Thursday, April 17, 2008

for all those worried...

Charlotte survived her first haircut. She even looks cute, as evidenced by this picture (complete with yogurt moustache and beard):



And, today at preschool, they celebrated the birthday of a little boy in the class. It has, apparently, become common to send home goodie bags. Most have crayons, maybe bubbles, oftentimes candy. This one had..... a whistle. A loud, loud whistle.

There will be paybacks for this. I will now send this nice mother a copy of this book (It's time to call 9-1-1) and I will conveniently fail to give her the duct tape solution to muffling the sound (on the positive side, I have no doubt that if there was an emergency, Elisabeth would be chatting up the 9-1-1 operator before I could blink, you know provided I was in a state that I was physically able to blink...).

Or maybe I will just send her our Dora Sit-n-spin which is hands down the worst toy on earth noise-wise. Or maybe the little boy needs the Melissa and Doug Band in a Box, complete with a recorder (what in the heck was I thinking buying Elisabeth a recorder????)

And now I have to take the girls outside before we have a Lord of the Flies situation on our hands.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

DS has M&D Band in a box AND a recorder. Boy, those recorders are LOUD!!