Tuesday, April 22, 2008

sick sick sick

First Elisabeth, then Charlotte, then Doug, and now me. I am not a pleasant person when I'm sick - I just want to curl up and be left alone. That is difficult to do with children.

And now for a Charlotte update. She has one tooth and will have a second by the end of the week I suspect. She crawls everywhere and is into everything. Her favorites include the dog's water bowl and the DVR. I love the way she crawls. She crawls on two hands, a left knee and her right foot. We suspect that she us just ultra-efficient since she knows she's going to want to sit up when she gets where she's going, and sitting up requires that leg to be out of the way - so she just keeps it up while crawling. She is quite literally the happiest baby on earth. RIght now she's playing with the plastic tubing from my breastpump and talking to it, as happy as can be. All you do is put her down on the floor and she's off - very busy seeing what everything is about. She is so different from her sister, who has a high requirement of parental involvement in her play.

Elisabeth is in a much, much better mood lately which is a huge relief. However, her increased energy came at a bad time since I'm at an all time energy low.

And now I will go back to counting the minutes until bar results are posted (and also counting the minutes until Charlotte's naptime which is when I am crawling back into bed).

3 comments:

akhoosier said...

Hang in there Erica! And don't stress about the bar exam!!

Claire said...

I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the WORST when you're the mommy. Who is there to take care of you?!? Hang in there.

Erica said...

thanks ladies :) this is a good time to brag on Doug - I'm so lucky to have him to take care of me. on Saturday he made me a german chocolate cake to help with my chocolate craving. then last night he sent me to bed at 7 and brought me a slice of the cake and ice water and a heating pad for my head. this morning he is home with the girls because I feel like a truck hit me. I'm really really lucky that I have him to take care of me!