Wednesday, April 23, 2008

my happy news... and a couple of stories

I found out today that I passed the Virginia bar! Effective tomorrow, I am licensed to practice law!



Please don't call Child Protective Services after you read about Elisabeth's new favorite game. It is called Sooey. She pretends to be a pig and I call her like I'm in a hog calling contest. Sometimes Doug has to be the hog caller. And she comes running. I showed her some videos of hog calling contests on YouTube today, which we both found entertaining.



I think there are some valid uses for this game. For example, yelling "sooooeeeeeeey" in a crowd followed by "sooey sooey sooey sooey" is likely to attract attention moreso than hollering "Elisabeth!" Also, there are fewer kids named Sooey than Elisabeth, so I'm more likely to get my kid. Finally, this will humiliate her more in her teen years. Oh one more, maybe I can get my hog calling to the point where I can win a contest.



I'm teaching Elisabeth how to tie her shoes. We practiced today for about 15 minutes. I showed her all of the steps, repeating each step a few times. She patiently watched. Then she tried on her own and did surprisingly well with just a few moments where she got stuck and needed help. So I showed her again. She interrupted me and said, with a hint of irritation in her voice, "Mommy, I'm watching you and paying attention so you only need to show me once." Fine, kid, learn to tie your shoes by yourself.

3 comments:

jcc said...

As I told my mother as she tried to teach me to tie my shoes - Mum, you can do it your way and I'll do it my way.

Pamela said...

Congrats on passing your bar exam!!
My brother showed DD how to tie her shoes after me trying to teach her for a while. She got it right away for Uncle!

jimenezlee said...

Congratulations on passing your exam!!! Big kudos. I like your stories very much.