Saturday, February 9, 2008

Elisabeth conversation outtakes....

Doug: Elisabeth, if we go outside to play, I don't want you to go pee pee in your pants. I don't want you to get distracted by playing.
E: Why you don't want me to go pee pee in my pants?
Doug: Because I'll be very disappointed.
E: Mommy didn't get disappointed when I pee peed on the carpet.
Doug: She didn't?
E: No, she been aaaaaaangry.

-------------------------------------
(Charlotte falls over while sitting up on the floor)

E: It's ok, Daddy. Don't worry. Falling over is ok.
D: It's ok?
E: Yes.
D: What's not ok?
E: (thinking...) Cutting things without asking is not ok.
D: Is there anything else that's not ok?
E: (thinking some more...) yes. Going into Charlotte's room when she's sleeping is not ok.

------------------------------------

(The scene - Elisabeth being a pain about letting me wash her hair)
Me: Elisabeth, if you don't sit still and let me wash your hair, I'll shave your head bald and the kids will point and laugh.
E: Why they point and laugh if I had no hair?
Me: You'd look funny without any hair.
E: (contemplating this) I wouldn't look funny! I'd look like granddaddy!

Doug had to very quickly leave the room so he could laugh.

No comments: