Friday, February 29, 2008

The Elizabeth River

The Elizabeth River was across the street from our Norfolk hotel. There is a ferry boat that goes back and forth across the river. Doug took the girls on the ferry boat while I took the essay portion of the exam on Tuesday morning. This led to a couple of cute Elisabeth-isms. First, she learned that some Elisabeth's are Elizabeth's. I got to hear all about it in the car. "Elisssssssssssssabeth, that's me, with an ssssssssss. Elizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzabeth has a z. I have an s. Elissssssssssssssssabeth. Not a z. Elizzzzzzzzzabeth." etc.

The funnier thing was that she was royally unhappy that it was called a "fairy boat." "I'm a princess, not a fairy... Why it's called a fairy boat?"

The Elizabeth River should have princess boats, not fairy boats. Stupid city planners.

No comments: