Monday, February 18, 2008

one week accident free!

As of about 5pm last night, we've been "accident" free in this house for an entire week! Now I owe Elisabeth a trip to Michaels to get a new headband. See, a few weeks ago, Elisabeth had an "accident" in the playroom. I was maaaaad because she went and hid to do it, which meant she clearly could have gone to the potty. As I was cleaning it up, I discovered she had peed a headband that she had been given. The headband had long ribbons streaming off of it. If anyone thinks that I'm the type of person to clean pee off of ribbons, you clearly don't know me very well. And I'm even unlikelier to do it when I'm angry in the first place. So I threw the headband in the trash. I wasn't trying to be mean, but the headband needed to go. Oh that broke her heart. She cried. And cried. A broken hearted sob. And I felt bad. To make us both feel better I told her if she made it one week, we'd go to Michaels and buy ribbon and make a new one. So we put a little star on the calendar to mark the day we could go. Of course we had to put new little stars up every so often as she had more accidents. I was pretty sure that if she ever actually earned the trip to Michaels, we could combine it with a big shopping trip to buy her necessities for going off to college. Alas, she proved me wrong. So we will go to Michaels tomorrow.

I am a lost cause in Michaels. I hate crafts (except knitting). I'm not good at them. One day maybe my mother will haul out the "doll" I attempted to sew at some point. It will haunt you in your darkest nightmares. So you can pretty much bet your pretty little head that whatever "headband" we concoct will be picture worthy.

No comments: